Grand County Uncensored Headline Animator

Friday, May 20, 2011

Winter Park Pizza Hut Out Of Business

Ever since I was a little kid, I've been going to the Pizza Hut in Winter Park. When I was about five years old, I use to be allowed to go behind the counter to grab handfuls of their signature peppermint candies after we'd eaten there. I've occasionally taken my own children in there to pass on the tradition. Those days are now over.

As of May 15th, owners Randy and Toni Barrett have shut its doors forever:

Click For Larger
I don't know if I can recall a time when I drove through Winter Park during normal business hours and didn't see the 'Open' sign lit up in the window.

I went to school with the Barrett's son, and have tried to contact them to see why they're going out of business. I'll let you know what I find out as soon as I can. I have a feeling the economy is beginning to take a real toll on many of the businesses in Grand County, but I wouldn't be surprised if the 8.9 percent tax imposed in the town of Winter Park didn't have a part to play here.

Good bye Pizza Hut and good luck to the Barretts--we'll miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say anything you want. Please don't cuss. If you post anonymously, please post your county of residence. Make sure you have Javascript enabled on your browser's preferences.