Grand County Uncensored Headline Animator

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Like A Great Neighbor, Alco Cares


A few weeks ago, I wrote about the new light sign installed at the Fraser shopping center where Alco is located. In a post titled, 'Like A Bad Neighbor, Alco Is There,' I pointed out how I saw the sign light up the valley early in the morning as I headed toward Denver.

That day, the manager of the center responded with a very heartfelt apology, and even wrote a letter to the editor in that regard.

Tonight, I was driving through the intersection where the sign is located, admiring the stunning alpenglo on the snow covered peaks above town; when I glanced at the sign... It was turned off! As can clearly be seen in the photo above, it was still light out, and the sign would not have been too much of a nuisance had it still been on, but it wasn't.

After my post, to my dismay, I learned in the newspaper that the owner of the Rocky Mountain Chalet across the street has hired an attorney to fight the town's decision allowing the sign. Given the measures the sign's management have taken already, I would say this is rather brash and inappropriate. I think the Fraser center's management have proven to be more than good neighbors, and there's no bad situation an attorney can't make worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say anything you want. Please don't cuss. If you post anonymously, please post your county of residence. Make sure you have Javascript enabled on your browser's preferences.