Grand County Uncensored Headline Animator

Friday, May 20, 2011

Do My Eyes Deceive Me? Jimmy Lahrman Speaks Up

I've always felt keeping silent can do far more damage than speaking out. Only by stating where we stand may others know where to find us. Today, I know where to find Winter Park Town Councilman Jimmy Lahrman. He's standing in nearly the same spot I am.

In a letter to the Sky Hi News, Mr. Lahrman says this about the current leadership at the East Grand School District:

"In many large and small businesses alike, the buck stops and starts with the leadership and their respective boards. When companies succeed, praise and financial reward is bestowed on the leaders. When shareholders are unhappy with the return on their investment, many times a leadership change ensues. Presently, I am one unhappy shareholder. As a community leader, business owner, DAC volunteer, taxpayer and most importantly a father of four students in the EGSD, I personally feel that I am not receiving the quality of leadership that I so desperately want and frankly deserve."


My hat's off to you Mr. Lahrman. I was very critical of your and the town council's decision to give $75,000 dollars to the school district without a deep inquiry into their true state of affairs. Your courage and integrity have been shown to be in the right place, and you have my respect.


Now that the dialogue has begun, it's time to take advantage of this opportunity and get leadership in place with the vision you talked about. Way to go!

5 comments:

  1. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Get-Over-It-Close-Grand-Lake-Elementary/172408122817856

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous... I see the direction you're going with this, but I'd like to see something focused on leadership. Grand Lake, and eventually Fraser, are symptoms of leadership failures--nothing more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course, I think Grand Lake would have a better school than they have now if they turned it into a charter school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, the "leadership" says we should stop spending twice as much per student at Grand Lake compared to Granby, and I tend to agree. Go ahead and start a charter school, but they will not be getting $11k per student in state funding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Anonymous...I agree that the amount of money being spent is absurd. I want to rescind the mill levy overrides and reduce property taxes. I also think we should take back the one percent county sales tax that's currently being used as a slush fund, but that's for another post.

    Take a look at the e-mail I sent Commissioner Bumgarner in February:

    http://grandcountyscoop.blogspot.com/2011/05/full-disclosure-february-e-mail-to.html

    That should get your hackles up.

    ReplyDelete

Say anything you want. Please don't cuss. If you post anonymously, please post your county of residence. Make sure you have Javascript enabled on your browser's preferences.