Grand County Uncensored Headline Animator

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Photo | Crazy Moose

Click For Larger Photo By: Reggie Paulk

These moose were behind the Fraser Safeway on the way to Meadow Ridge. It was a mother and her two yearling calves. One of the calves is on his knees eating grass. The other twin was out of the frame.

Moose look really goofy, but they are probably the most dangerous wild animal in Grand County--especially a cow with her calves. I was in my car with the window rolled down for this photo. I won't approach these animals on foot, and if I see them while hiking, I head the opposite direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say anything you want. Please don't cuss. If you post anonymously, please post your county of residence. Make sure you have Javascript enabled on your browser's preferences.